Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not-so-terrible 2's

My daughter turns two today. Can you believe it?! Because I absolutely cannot wrap my head around where the last two years have gone. Time sure does fly. As I look at her…sigh…the tears start welling up. She looks at life with incredible amazement and endless curiosity, approaching all new things with such child-like wonder. She’s a bright little spit-fire with a huge heart and a wonderful sense of humor. But I’ve heard from several well-meaning mothers who warn me of the “terrible two’s” – a year of chaos, mayhem and migraines. Well, this ain’t my first rodeo. My son just turned three (yes, my children are 14 months apart). So, I’m going into this year through my daughter’s eyes. That’s my goal anyway…or at least that’s what I have to remind myself at the precise moment I’m about to blow a gasket. This is the time God has given to me, such precious time with my beautiful children. This year may be tumultuous oftentimes, terrific always, but terrible never.

tn tn2 tn3

So, because this is her day, I’ve made Mady her most favorite snack for breakfast– Apple Dippers. It’s an easy snack, and really the only way I can get her to eat anything healthy without a fight. There are endless variations – Gala, Honey Crisp, Red Delicious…caramel, yogurt, honey. Today, I’m using all her favorites – Granny Smith apples, peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Simply peel, core and slice the apples. Dollop a spoonful of peanut butter and marshmallow into a bowl and let her at it! The apple slices are perfect for maximum peanut butter & fluff scooping pleasure.

Happy Birthday to my sweet girl :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment